Thursday, August 21, 2008

Season Preview


To follow up on Dewey's preview, I thought I would put my look towards the upcoming season.

CLEMSON

With Clemson coming into the season ranked in the top ten what better way for us to make a statement at the first of the season. Clemson will look crisp. As bad as I want it, I feel that we have a rusty start that we won't be able to recover from.
Clemson 21, Alabama 10

TULANE

Time to make a statement about those LA schools. First "Complete game" of the season.
Alabama 27, Tulane 6

WESTERN KENTUCKY

Second "Complete game" of the season. I feel we'll get a good look at a few freshman and company.
Alabama 45, W. Kentucky 7

ARKANSAS

It's going to be a tough year for Arkansas. This will be the first game where we feel some struggle early. We'll be too well coached to not be ahead going into the half.
Alabama 31, Arkansas 14

GEORGIA

Georgia's sheer talent will be a huge factor in this game. We'll be able to hang, but will come up short.
Georgia 21, Alabama 17

KENTUCKY

Might as well played Western Kentucky again.
Alabama 35, Kentucky 7

OLE MISS

By this time in the season Mississippi is going to be struggling. We will not.
Alabama 24, Ole Miss 3

TENNESSEE

It won't be 41-17, but it will be a win. Quarterback troubles will hurt them this year. Especially with the pressure of starting out in the top 25. I can't wait!
Alabama 24, Tennessee 21

ARKANSAS STATE

Might as well played Western Kentucky again.
Alabama 38, Arkansas State 6

LSU

As bad as I want it, I don't think we will pull it through. But I will go ahead and let you know that this will be the last time we lose to LSU in a long time.
LSU 17, Alabama 14

MISSISSIPPI STATE

I'm feeling another win like 2005 but at home.
Alabama 17, MSU 0

AUBURN

Words will not express.
Alabama 21, Auburn 12

ALABAMA (9-3 overall; 6-2 conference)

4 Comments:

At August 21, 2008 at 3:32 PM , Blogger Andy said...

Tennessee will be better than LSU.

 
At August 22, 2008 at 12:47 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I like your prediction. I still think LSU could go either way. Might see that go to OT. Bama with the win.

http://tinyurl.com/68pzgd

 
At August 22, 2008 at 9:11 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Andy. I think that Tennessee will be a tougher WIN than LSU. I think that this could* be a 10 win season. I like your predictions but I think that we will win one of either LSU or Clemson. Look for an upset going our way this year.

 
At August 22, 2008 at 9:23 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember that LSU is missing thier famed defensive coordinator in Bo Pelini. Also, they have an unproved quarterback that is a Harvard transfer (all brains, no braun), and his backup is a freshman. Alabama's biggest threat against LSU is death valley. I like our odds...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home